Receeve is seeking a Data Scientist (f/m/d) to develop and own the machine learning components for our disruptive debt servicing platform based in Hamburg.
We help resolve serious problems in credit, where there are impacts on all kinds of businesses and consumers. It’s serious business and European banks alone generate over 150 billion Euros per year in new problem cases.
But it’s not just the business opportunity that is large. It’s the tech challenge. Everything we deal with is asynchronous. There can be milliseconds or weeks in between reactions or events. This comes with a set of technical challenges that go above and beyond the run of the mill app. There are multiple stakeholders, inputs, and third parties. As a team, we built a fully enterprise-ready solution in the course of a few months, one capable of scaling almost infinitely. Our architecture is unique and provides real flexibility for implementing new features.
Our people combine a never-ending curiosity, a desire to make things happen, work openly and closely with colleagues across the business, and evolve to become comfortable with making their own decisions and taking responsibility for services that make up the entire system.
They put in the thought on complex issues, talk within the team about the tradeoffs of various solutions, welcome feedback, and implement quality directly into the code. This includes comfort with various abstractions and patterns, as well as creating the tests necessary to ensure that the code works properly. When there is technical debt created, they document it for later, or while building something new, refactor the services to make them better as they go.
What we’re looking for:
- Enthusiasm for working in a high-profile startup culture. We ship updates quickly, on tight schedules, with large volumes being processed
- Ability to write algorithms in Python
- Understanding in a variety of ML techniques that can be applied to answer various questions
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Work with the platform engineers to expand data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for our systems
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
If you think a great day starts with a challenge to solve, want to have a real impact in one of Europe’s Fintech companies, and be part of a diverse team, then send us a CV and do include some information that’s helpful to round out the bullet points in a CV. This could be a short blurb why you’re interested, a link to code or projects you’ve done in the past. Anything that helps us understand you.
- Work in the architecture everyone talks about, but doesn’t implement
- Work in the heart of Hamburg in a very international team
- A flat hierarchy, where you will have direct access to the founders
- A high degree of learning and ownership in a dynamic environment