Head of Business Development (f/m/d)
As a Head of Business Development (f/m/d) you work directly with our founder and CEO Paul and report to the VP Sales. You are expected to work independently and drive strategy as well as the implementation of it. You own the budget and the business plan. You clearly communicate performance and underlie it with the respective material showing metrics. You know how to sniff out the partnering requests that are going to derail you from your mission and spot the ones that can take our business to the next level. You play the role of the connector, connecting the right people together and driving a deal through to completion. The art of partnering is determining successfully when to pursue opportunities and invest the time versus the hard call of saying “no”. Further, you fill the gap between the status quo and the company goals. You determine which companies are able to help re:ceeve achieve our goals.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates to grow re:ceeve with us:
- You use strategic means, including modern technologies to achieve business goals and implement policies that support the expansion of re:ceeve.
- You guide objectives in a long-term business plan and bring new initiatives to meet re:ceeve’s needs and requirements. Furthermore, you assure marketing strategies are adopted and give input.
- You are responsible for driving our business and increasing revenue by identifying and developing ideas for new business opportunities and strategic partnerships and building and expanding the presence of re:ceeve and our brand.
- You drive sales and client-relationship management ensuring a professional collaboration among partners, also handling contractual matters.
- With your analysis of competition and the competitive landscape, you investigate the chances of success for these new businesses and implement feasibility studies on prospective markets.
- You calculate the customer base and make plans to increase it by making contingencies for expansion plans, and preparing to take the initiative when the plans are due.
- You develop sales materials, create and implement sales processes and help to strategically steer the direction of the company and positioning of the product from a sales perspective. You investigate expected challenges and research ways to mitigate risk and keep the senior management updated on your progress here.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Sales and Business Development and ideally have already gained experience in SaaS.
- You are experienced in selling complex solutions to enterprise clients with long sales cycles and larger ticket sizes (> €100k per annum).
- You prove persistence and solution-oriented thinking in your daily actions.
- You are able to make hard decisions.
- You can quickly learn about and develop deep expertise in the product re:ceeve is selling.
- You are able to build and lead an international team.
- You have excellent teamwork skills and you know how to collaborate with Product, Marketing and Finance.
- You have excellent networking and communication skills – especially with external customers. English is a must, Spanish or French a big plus and German highly beneficial.
- You understand how to leverage technology to stay ahead of competitors.
- You keep yourself updated on Best-Practices when it comes to software and automation platforms for sales purposes.
- Chance to re-shape the future of debt collection in Europe.
- Culture of opportunity: We do not fear making mistakes as long as one learns from them.
- Work-Life Balance: We all have private lives, we get it. We embrace flexible schedules, asynchronous work and offer a remote-first work environment.
- Work as part of a very international team.
- A flat hierarchy, where you will have limited internal politics, the ability to get things done and direct access to the founders.
- Well known investors and strong funding.
- Autonomy in your day-to-day processes.
- High degree of ownership in a dynamic environment.
We welcome diversity. In our teams we bring together people with different backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnicity and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.