Germain is one of our frontend guys. We sat down with him and asked the software engineer 10 very important and also not so important questions. Read the interview to find out all about Germain.
- What are you doing at re:ceeve?
I’m a Software Engineer, my main focus is building the frontend for our back office and landing page web applications.
- Where are you located?
- How did you end up at re:ceeve?
I heard of re:ceeve via a colleague from a previous company. He knew Michael and told me that he had started his own startup recently.
- Why did you choose to work for re:ceeve and why working in collections?
I really liked my first talk with Michael, where he introduced me to the project, tech stack and architecture. Overall, I had a good impression about the skills of the people who interviewed me, so I went for it! As for why working in collections, my previous company was also in FinTech so it was easy to switch boats.
- What is your morning routine before starting your work?
Nothing exciting, but remember that a club mate in the morning can save your day after a night out 😉
- Do you prefer remote work or going to the office?
In general I prefer to work remotely, but I also enjoy going once or twice a week for the social aspect.
- Why working in a Start-up?
Multicultural team, freedom of doing, exciting goals and technologies and nice working atmosphere!
- How does your perfect “Feierabend” (German term for time in the evening after work) look like?
Meeting for a spontaneous “Wegbier” (German term for Beer on the way) with a Friend and improvising the rest on the go 🙂
- With whom of the company would you like to switch jobs for one day?
Jan, it seems interesting to interact with potential customers and show them what they can achieve with our product!
- Who would you like to nominate for the next interview?