We met up with Luis, one of our Senior Software Developers, to ask him 10 very important questions.
Read the interview to find out more…
- What are you doing at receeve?
My main objective is to design and create technical solutions to bring new features to our clients on the platform.
- Where are you located?
I live in Hamburg, Germany.
- How did you end up at receeve?
I had the opportunity to work with Michael and Paul at Liquid Labs some years ago and, because I like it, I decided to join receeve straight from the beginning.
- Why did you choose to work for receeve and why working in collections?
After talking with Michael and Paul I realized what potential this market has, and I was since the beginning convinced that we can offer a better solution to the people, so they go out of the collections process quickly and without too much pain. That’s why I decided to join the team and start working here!
- What is your morning routine before starting your work?
I like learning something new every day, so typically read something early in the morning, watch a conference or enjoy a podcast, while having a cup of coffee and preparing my action plan for the rest of the day.
- Do you prefer remote work or going to the office?
At first, I struggled when trying to work fully remote, I kind of missed walking to the office every morning and talking with the colleagues when going to the kitchen, but eventually, I started to enjoy the beauties of cooking lunch together with my wife, avoiding commuting time (especially after the working day), and having more time to do other things that I love in the evening… so remote work seems the way to go 🙂
- Why working in a Start-up?
– I love the strong relationship that you have when working in a Startup. You are having the chance to get to know everyone in the company, regardless of their position or background.
– Your contribution matters! Each team member is a key member to succeed.
– I am not a fan of politics in the company. When you are working in a Startup there is no place for that, you have to think and move fast.
- How does your perfect “Feierabend” (German term for time in the evening after work) look like?
The best way to finish my day is to continue reading or learning new things, watching movies/anime, playing video games and enjoying some good music.
- With whom of the company would you like to switch jobs for one day?
I always admire people from the sales team and probably learning some tricks from them is something that would help me a lot in my career.
- Who would you like to nominate for the next interview?